My final "workout" last week was a Saturday walk on the beach with Daniel. It felt great strolling near the shore and it was already hot. I was wearing jeans and shoes, so I had to tap dance around the incoming water in certain parts, adding to the fun.
Yesterday Daniel and I teamed up again to shop for some running shoes. The store was tucked away and it took us a little while to find it, but it was well worth the wait as they spent an hour with me figuring out what shoe works best. I ended up buying a pair of Nike's and three pairs of running socks.
This week instead of 20 minute walks each session it's bumped up to 20 minute "run/walks." That leaves a lot of wiggle room.
Tonight I wore my new shorts, short, orange socks, and new shoes (oh yeah, I bought two pairs of shorts and shirts at Target on Saturday). With my new attire, I had a plan for the treadmill, increasing to 3.5 MPH after five minutes, then speeding up the pace to 4 MPH for two minutes in the middle. I did all that, but I wasn't able to then return to 3.5 MPH, instead dipping to 3 and catching my breath before finally returning to 3.5 for a couple minutes.
I did feel tired at work today even though I think I had enough sleep. Maybe that led to me feeling sluggish tonight. The good news is I did break a mile for the first time at 1.02. The bad news is a marathon is 26 miles!
I think I need to eat better. I haven't been too bad, but it's difficult running when you feel heavy. Last week the goal was establishing a routine and getting some running gear. I will start focusing on nutrition more this week.
I'm alredy curious how Wednesday will go!
No comments:
Post a Comment