Monday, September 28, 2015

My First Workout

20 minutes of walking.  Such incredible stamina!  It must have been the small can of vienna sausages I devoured just before the big event.

I did learn a few things today.  First, I need to buy running shoes by this weekend, before the training gets too intense.  Second, I need to open the window before I run on the treadmill.  Third, exercising is a perfect time to formulate ideas for my next blog entry.  Oh, and I also decided I wanted eat frozen burritos dipped in guacamole for dinner.

Each of the four training sessions during the first week are just 20 minutes of walking.  I played around with the settings before deciding on 2.6 MPH and that's the speed I used for most of the time.  I did end up walking .84 miles and did break a sweat, which I'm not sure is something to brag about.

I think the most important part is I felt like I was beginning a routine.  That actually felt great psychologically.  I'm curious how I will feel physiologically tomorrow, if I feel any differently at all.

Feel free to comment or send me questions.  Maybe I'm the only person reading this.  If so, at least it feels therapeutic!

No comments:

Post a Comment