Weeks two and three don't sounds that difficult on paper. They are just run/walks of 20/25 minutes with a loose interpretation of "run" on my part.
During week two my top speed was 4 MPH and that was for two minutes each session, with a total distance not much more than a mile. This past week I bumped it up to three 4 MPH blocks and covered around 1.35 miles total (except last Thursday when I spent four of the 25 minutes at a blazing 4 MPH).
That sounds easy, but I was wiped out after each workout. I have been trying to deduce the reason. The treadmill is downstairs and there isn't much ventilation, so I have been roasting, especially in the hot weather recently. Also, after working and then battling traffic on some tough drives home, some lasting over an hour, I'm usually tired before I even hit the treadmill. I am probably not eating enough either and I'm still working on my breathing while exercising.
I think all of the above are contributing. The weather is cooling down and I started eating more this weekend. I am also (I think) going to try waking up at the ungodly hour of 5 A.M. and try exercising in the morning beginning tomorrow. I did exercise around 2 A.M. one crazy Friday night/Saturday morning a week ago and felt pretty good despite eating poorly that night and drinking a fair share of fireball.
So what was this supposed breakthrough?
I hiked in Mission Trails with Sarah yesterday, plus we had to walk nearly two miles later that night when we had to park in a different state for a band competition and I felt real good on all those walks.
Then today I went geocaching with a buddy of mine. We had to climb some STEEP trails. Several times my friend had to stop from being so winded, yet I felt fine the entire time. I guess I have made some progress. Now on to week four!
No comments:
Post a Comment